Wed, Aug 30|
Upper St Clair High School
2023/2024 USC High School Competitive Robotics Interest (FTC)
USC High School is offering a competitive robotics experience for 9th-12th grade students using the FTC platform. Interested in joining?
Time & Location
Aug 30, 5:00 PM
Upper St Clair High School, 1825 McLaughlin Run Rd, Pittsburgh, PA 15241, USA
About the event
USC Robotics already has four teams registered for the 2023/2024 school year. Check out www.uscrobotics.org to learn more. Your child has the opportunity to join an existing team or, if you have a group of students who are interested in starting their own team, that is great! Each team can have up to 15 students and needs at least one volunteer parent coach.
- Parent coaches will hold meetings in the evening and/or weekend based on their team's needs at various times during the school year. Meetings can be scheduled for room 305 at the high school.
- Weekly checkins with Ms. Smith on Monday after school in room 305.
- FTC is a serious, year long endeavor that ranges in time commitment throughout the year.
- Detailed information regarding the PA FTC event schedule can be found at www.ftcpenn.org
- Cost to participate is $300 per student. Families experiencing financial hardships should reach out to the teacher sponsor, Tracy Smith, for possible accommodations.
- Interested in joining? Submit this registration form to start the process!
Interested parents and students should attend an informational meeting on Thursday, September 7th from 7-8 PM in the Upper St Clair High School Resource Center off of the main Academic Entrance to learn more. The payment of $300 will be collected once teams are created.
To learn more about the FIRST Tech Challenge (FTC), visit their website.
Specific documents regarding the 2023 MASTERPIECE Challenge can be found HERE.